Due to safety concerns, the school driveway will be closed to vehicle traffic during pick-up and drop-off time.
Beginning on the first day of school, Wednesday, Sept. 5, the driveway will be closed to parents and the community from 7:25 a.m. to 7:50 a.m. and from the end of the school day to 20 minutes after dismissal.
If you choose to park in the parking lot before or after school, you should be aware that you will have to remain there until it reopens. Please do not take parking spaces reserved for teachers.
This decision was made after careful study of the “valet” line by staff members and parents directly involved in the pick-up and drop-off process, according to Principal Debra Culberston.
"It was determined that the safety of our students, staff, and volunteers outweigh the convenience of this pastpractice," she said via an email announcment.
In order to facilitate a safe and smooth drop-off/pick-up process, please note the procedures below:
- Parking on Highlands Avenue is permitted on both sides of the street.
- No parking is permitted at any curb painted red.
- The “drop off zone” is meant for cars to drop off students - parking is prohibited in these areas.
- A crossing guard will be present at the corner of Tamarron and Highlands Avenue to help with student drop-off and pick-up.
- Teachers will be stationed at the driveway entrance, staff parking lot entrance, and along the walkway at the front of the school to ensure that children are safe as they enter and exit the school.
Supervision for your student is available beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Please do not have your child arrive before 7:30 a.m. Just as importantly, your child must leave the school grounds at dismissal.
Teachers are on duty approximately 15 minutes after the end of the school day and no supervision will be provided unless a student is enrolled in the YMCA, CampCo, or an after school class.