National S’mores Day is today, August 10.
What? You didn’t know? Well, Taste of Home magazine has put together some of its favorite spins on the most popular campfire food known to camping families everywhere.
So get out that old box of graham crackers from back of the pantry, swipe some chocolate bars from the kids, and find some soft marshmallows (camping forks are optional) and follow these easy-to-make recipes:
- "Give Me S'more" Cake — by Katie Lemery, Cuddebackville, NY
- Make-Ahead S’mores — by Anne Sherman, Orangeburg, SC
- Peanut Butter S’mores — by Lillian K. Julow, Gainesville, FL
- S'more Bars — by Lisa DiPrima, Wilton, NH
- Pot of S'mores — by June Dress, Boise, ID
- I Want S'more Muffins — by Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, MI