The vacant building once housing the home improvement center, and owned by Home Depot, located at 25600 Rancho Viejo Road, will be demolished on Friday at 2 p.m., to make way for the new, upscale, Life Time Fitness.
The Minnesota-based operator of 105 resort-like centers will enter the California market for the first time with the Laguna Niguel location.
The demolition will include the complete tear down of the former Expo building that overlooks the San Joaquin toll road. The Life Time Fitness Center will be about 128,000 square feet and employ 250 people.
It will feature:
- Cardio equipment
- Five-lane indoor lap pool
- Free weights
- Two group fitness studios
- Cycle studio
- Yoga studio and Pilates studio
- Child center
- Men's locker room with steam room and whirlpool
- Women's locker room with steamroom and whirlpool
- Sauna on indoor pool deck
- Six-lane outdoor lap pool
- Outdoor leisure pool with waterslide
- Two outdoor whirlpools
- Outdoor splash pad, with water features
- Two full-size basketball courts
- LifeCafe and bistro
- LifeSpa and salon