Here is the Week 4 football schedule for teams in Patch cities in Orange County. Games begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
The schedule includes:
• Santa Margarita Catholic (2-2) at Trabuco Hills (4-0) is big for both teams in Orange County's biggest game of the weekend. The visiting Eagles are learning under sophomore quarterback K.J. Costello (9 TDs, 9 INT) and, since the controversial overtime loss to Las Vegas Bishop Gorman, have won two in a row. Trabuco Hills, undefeated through four games for the first time since 1992, is trying to establish that it's an elite program and can challenge top-ranked Mission Viejo for the South Coast League title. SMCHS is ranked fourth in Orange County, Trabuco is fifth. One thing is almost certain: It won't be a repeat of last year's 55-0 drubbing of Trabuco Hills.
• Tesoro (3-1) responded to its loss to Chino Hills two weeks ago by beating up Ontario Colony for three quarters, but the Titans nearly gave the game away. At Temecula Chaparral (3-1), a tough place to play, the Titans will be tested by another of the best teams in the Inland Division; will they build off last week with a complete game effort or will they take a step back when facing another quality opponent?
• El Toro (1-3) needs a quality victory before heading into the South Coast League, just to prove to itself it can compete with some of the county's best teams. Against Villa Park (4-0), a team hovering near the county top 10, ET can get that victory. Bottom line for the young Chargers is they need to continue to grow, and growing involves learning how to win. This could be a big night for them.
• Laguna Beach (3-0) and St. Margaret's (3-0) square off in a battle of unbeatens that pit a couple of small schools, public and private, who may put on the best show of the weekend. Laguna Beach is averaging 38 points per game with a 30-point margin of victory; St. Margaret's is averaging 41 points with a 28.4 spread.
• JSerra (4-0) continues to try to keep the magic alive behind behind its playmakers, including Casey Eugenio. The Lions will have to do so against the favorite to win the Sea View League, Dana Hills (1-3), which has a losing record largely because it's been playing up in class. The Dolphins are up in class again this week, but can they slow the JSerra juggernaut?
Thursday, Sept. 26
- Santa Margarita Catholic at Trabuco Hills
Friday, Sept. 27
- Dana Hills vs. JSerra at Saddleback College
- Villa Park vs. El Toro at Trabuco Hills
- Mission Viejo at Aliso Niguel
- Newport Harbor at San Clemente
- Tesoro at Temecula Chaparral
- Capistrano Valley vs. Corona del Mar at Newport Harbor
- Laguna Hills at Irvine
- Fullerton at San Juan Hills
- Fountain Valley at Westminster
- Los Alamitos at Lynwood
- Laguna Beach at St. Margaret’s
- Escondido Classical Academy at Sage Hill
Saturday, Sept. 28
- Riverside Christian vs. Saddleback Valley Christian at Saddleback College